Name Orient Bambino
Price Range: $100-$325 (depending on version and color combination)
Style: Dress watch
Watch Size: 40.5mm (42mm for V4).
Lug width (size of strap where it meets the watch): 21mm (22mm for V4)
Best Place to Buy: Amazon or Jomashop (search for Orient Bambino in the search bar).
- Great price, frequently on sale from watch sellers even when full priced on the Orient website.
- Fantastic color and style combinations; you will get compliments on this watch.
- Keeps good time for an automatic.
- Orient is a well-regarded watch manufacturer.
- Occasionally hard to buy online in the popular color and style combinations. Earlier generations no longer sold directly from the manufacturer’s website.
- 21-mm strap size of the Orient Bambino Versions 1-3 and Small Seconds is not that common, narrowing down your watch band options. The Version 4 has a more common 22-mm strap size.
- Very confusing naming convention, making picking out a watch at some online stores a hit or miss.
Orient Bambino Review
Simply put, the Orient Bambino is probably the best affordable dress watch out there. A fantastic option for your first watch, it takes a movement from a reliable watch company and puts it in an incredible looking package. Earlier generations can be bought for just over $100, while the most popular style from the new generation will be closer to $300 (although it frequently goes on sale).